Who am I?

My photo
Jefferson, Georgia, United States
Hello everybody, I am Heather. I love yoga, food and loud rock shows. I am here to lead you on a lifestyle that will have your soul shining! P.S. Cancer Sucks!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Bad, bad, bad day

December 3, 2009
Well...today sucked.

The beginning of the day started out normal...shower, drive, work, blah, blah, blah
then I got a call from my mom at 3:15 saying "its not good, this is not good" that is seriously the first thing she said, my mother, and she was breathing really heavy and I could hear yelling and commotion in the background.
then she said that Hailey was having a grand mall (is that how you spell it? who knows?) seizure and that they (meaning the paramedics) were bringing in the crash cart
At this point I am saying "What the f*$@) do you mean they are bringing in a crash cart!??"
WTF is going on mom!!!
This has to be the scariest moment in my life. I kid you not, I was sitting on the floor in my office yelling WTF is going on mom!? in an attorney's office.
Times like that do not call for any sort of manners.
Thankfully the attorney I work for is awesome...anyway...
Then my dad gets on the phone, this is when it gets really bad
My strong as an ox, stubborn as a mule, Bad Ass Airborne Ranger, Dad is hyperventilating. Literally. He had a heart attack 2 years ago, and I am freaking out because NOW I am not only worried about my sister, but my dad is about to fall out while I am talking to him...
I just kept saying "daddy, just breathe, just breathe"
He just said "She quit breathing"
Jesus.
I am now sitting in the floor of my attorney's office rocking back and forth and ready to puke on the floor. My poor boss grabs me some water and stands in the corner... probably feeling like he is going to puke because he had to get some tums.
So after my dad finally settles down he says that Hailey is breathing, so they are putting her on the ambulance and taking her to Athens. This all happens so fast I really do not know where I am or what I am doing anymore, almost an out of body experience.

My dad rides with her in the ambulance, AFTER they check him out to make sure HE was stable.
Jesus. (I am not taking his sweet name in vain, he is the only answer to such tragedies, so I may as well just interject Him in here)

I get off the phone with my hysterical mother right after she tells me that James does not know.
Great, James does not know???!!! her husband? are you kidding me?
"Will you call him?" she said, well....yeah...DONT YOU THINK SO?!
So I call him, and let him know. At least he did not have to hear the blow by blow in the back ground like I did. However, he kept pacing back and forth at work saying "I can't work, what do i do, I can't work..."
Thank you Andrea for kicking his repetitive blundering butt out of the restaurant and making him get into his car.
What is it about tragedies that turn you into some freakish robot? I am rocking back and forth on the floor of my office about to puke and poor James is pacing and mumbling....not pretty.

Anyway...
We all finally make it to the hospital. And if any of you are wondering about the sweet one, Colleen, she unfortunately did see a little bit of this happen today but was whisked away to a neighbors house and fed cookies and cake. So she was well hidden from most of the horrors.

Finally...Dad, James, me and Mike were at the hospital with poor Hailey. She is talking, BREATHING, and seems pretty normal really. The CT scan showed nothing on her brain. THANK GOD. The ER docs said that they do not know why she had the seizure, so they are doing an MRI on her and then maybe we will know more. It may have just been a fluke...who knows.

The end of this episode is that she is OK, eating fries and going to bed. My parents will probably never be the same after having to hold down their child while she is having a seizure like that and Colleen saw some of that horror. I just heard the background chaos and I was a bumbling idiot. Please pray for the 3 that had to see it.

Cancer sucks. It IS the devil. I f'ing hate it and I want it to leave my sister's body and leave her alone. She may be weak, but (f*u cancer!!!!!) she IS strong. Cancer, you are in for a fight. You have not met the Gill's yet. We may be crazy, but we are strong. So take that cancer...we want you to leave. I am after my sister...and we are going to fight like crazy Irish freaks with God on our side to get her back.

No comments:

Post a Comment