Who am I?

My photo
Jefferson, Georgia, United States
Hello everybody, I am Heather. I love yoga, food and loud rock shows. I am here to lead you on a lifestyle that will have your soul shining! P.S. Cancer Sucks!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Cheesy Apples Recipe

2 cans of Comstock Apples, not pie filling (if you can not find these, get a bag of apples - peel, core & slice - simmer in a pan with a little water for about 15 minutes just so they get soft)
1 lb of Velveta Cheese, cut into small cubes
2 sticks of softened butter
1 1/2 cups of self rising flour
2 cups of sugar

Beat together softened butter, flour, sugar and velveta (use a hand mixer) mix until all ingredients are incorporated and mixture is creamy

butter a 13 x 9 pyrex dish

put apples in the dish and then top with the cheese mixture, spread the cheese mixture with the back of a spoon

Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Serve warm as a side dish or as a desert.

We always eat this on Thanksgiving as a side dish.

Everybody always says "ewww, cheesy apples, that sounds gross but I'll take a bite" 2 seconds later with a full mouth "More, give me more! That is so good!"

I have had a hard time finding canned apples for the past few years, so I just get a bag of apples, peel, core and slice the apples into wedges. If you have one of those handy apple slicers, this is an easy job. Put the apples in a pan and add a little water, cover and let them steam for about 10 - 15 minutes, just until they are softened. And trust me, peel the apples - any sort of nutrition in this dish is strictly prohibited.


No comments:

Post a Comment