Who am I?

My photo
Jefferson, Georgia, United States
Hello everybody, I am Heather. I love yoga, food and loud rock shows. I am here to lead you on a lifestyle that will have your soul shining! P.S. Cancer Sucks!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Birthdays, Milestones and New Year

I love the new year. It just feels like everybody gets a fresh start. As a bonus, I get to celebrate my birthday 8 days into the year. I do not like making "resolutions" because they really do not work. I do, however, like to take this opportunity to improve myself and take stock in mistakes, learn from them, and move on. This year, I am taking the bull by the horns. This is not somebody else's life that I am living, its MINE. God gave it to me to live, and live big. He promises us an abundant life, this may not mean financially abundant...which is what most of us think about when we read this...but I think it just means that if we use our natural talents that God gave us, give thanks, be humble, and work hard, we will have an abundant life. Just look around you! Look outside! Its a frozen tundra in Georgia this morning, but the birds are making the most of it. The love it. I have seen blue birds, blue jays and mocking birds singing, finding food and using their natural talents to bring a smile to my frozen face. These little birdies are also happy with what they have. I did not hear them complaining, unionizing or going on strike against mother nature because their nests were covered in ice. They just got up, sang their songs, ate breakfast and are now going on about their day.

This is where I am at. I am going to be getting up, using my natural talents to bring a smile to someone else's face and giving thanks for what I have. That is my "resolution" for my 35th year on this planet. It is time for new beginnings and fresh starts. Happy birthday to me (and Elvis!)

Namaste,
H

1 comment:

  1. Loving your blog! Yes we must take charge of our own lives.

    ReplyDelete