Who am I?

My photo
Jefferson, Georgia, United States
Hello everybody, I am Heather. I love yoga, food and loud rock shows. I am here to lead you on a lifestyle that will have your soul shining! P.S. Cancer Sucks!

Friday, July 3, 2009

New Beginnings

hello...welcome to my new world
today is the beginning of the end - and a start to a new chapter in our lives
tonight will be the last night in the place we have called home for the past 3.5 years. we moved here with high hopes and lofty expectations and this blog will be a diary of the fall from those expectations, simplifying our life, getting back to what really matters and the drama of it all.

we moved into a 3200 sq foot house - when I say we...I mean me, my hubby, 2 dogs and a cat. RIP Rodman - that is another story for another day...but anyway...my point is 3200 sq feet and 2 people - 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, dining room, office, huge awesome (waaah!) kitchen, breakfast area, living room, and a foyer that is more like a lobby - 2 story living room that sucks all the life out of our AC unit...metal balusters, silestone counter tops etc...we have (for one more day) a beautiful, non functional beast of a house...and along with it a payment that was outrageous.  When we moved in here we were both selling real estate at a pretty good clip, then the market started to slow down, our payment went up by $400 a month due to a miscalculation in our taxes and then the market started is eternal nose dive. 

Poor me, right? No...this is NOT a sob story. This is a story of how pride becomes before the fall, how we managed to keep from drowning in self pity and through it all we are rebuilding our lives and truly happy about it. Am I scared? Not really - I do have some concerns, like where are we going to move for starters...for now my sister (who is recovering from a bout of the worst cancer on the planet, also another story,  www.haileyandheather.blogspot.com for last years drama) is letting us live in her basement for a bit - there will be 4 adults, one 6.5 year old girl, 4 dogs and 1 cat...in a 4 bedroom 3 bath house - but its only about 2000 sq feet - so this should be fun! LOL
I am also concerned about....well...nothing really! That may change, but that is one of my philosophies, the only constant in life if change; change, fear and love...

So tomorrow is the 4th of July and I will be celebrating the Independence of our beautiful country and my own personal independence from the bonds of society's norm...its time to do my own thing, my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment