Who am I?

My photo
Jefferson, Georgia, United States
Hello everybody, I am Heather. I love yoga, food and loud rock shows. I am here to lead you on a lifestyle that will have your soul shining! P.S. Cancer Sucks!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Purge baby purge!!!!

Purging...


it feels so good


It is liberating! All that "stuff" can be suffocating and we do not even realize it.


My hubby and I, when we moved into our monster house, we had that company - 2 Men and a Truck move us in - but we had 4 Men and 2 HUGE Trucks full of stuff that was eventually neatly placed into my beautiful new monster house.

When we moved out, we could fit 95% of our stuff into one Pod.

We got rid of furniture, old magazines (sorry Mike), 15+ bags of clothing, books, kitchen stuff, Christmas decorations...you name it, you could have purchased it at my yard sale.

We made good money getting rid of our stuff, but the feeling of lightness is priceless.

I plan on giving the hangers I will not need anymore to the church's clothing closet and when we move into the new place, we will probably get rid of even more stuff. Its almost addicting!

My challenge to you is to go through your closet and take an inventory - if its to short, too tight, too big, out of style or just plain ugly - get rid of it!!!! How may winter coats do you really need? Donate a few! Trust me, you will feel better for it.

To keep this feeling going, I am looking into a group called Compact - they do not purchase anything new...more on this later...

Love and Light,


H

1 comment:

  1. I'd been thinking for a while to dump out some of the old clothes that I brought with me when we moved into our new house a year ago and just hadn't gotten around to it. It's not exactly the most exciting task, you know. But after reading your blog on it, I decided it was time to get rid of it! And boy does it feel great! I've got tons more space in my closet! Thanks for the helpful insight!

    ReplyDelete