Who am I?

My photo
Jefferson, Georgia, United States
Hello everybody, I am Heather. I love yoga, food and loud rock shows. I am here to lead you on a lifestyle that will have your soul shining! P.S. Cancer Sucks!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Lunch Time!

Avocado Sandwich with Veggies
I have a slight obsession with avocados. They are so tasty and good for you. The only thing I don't like is when you cut into one and its brown and mushy, or hard as a rock. My secret is to buy them when they are green and gently press the tip of the avocado. When the avocado is really dark green (but not black) and the tip gives a little bit - its avocado day! Eat it, today. It may not be good tomorrow and that $1.00+ is in the trash.

This is one of the yummy things I like to do with avocados. Make a sammy!




Avocado Sandwich:

1 perfectly ripe avocado
1/2 lemon
2 slices of sprouted bread (my fav is Ezekiel bread, find it in the frozen section)
bell pepper
tomato
lettuce

Mash the avocado in a bowl with lemon juice and salt. Toast bread
Spread avocado mash on both slices of bread
Add slices of veggies (get creative - cucumbers, squash, hot peppers) to the sammy
top with lettuce

Eat your veggies and love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment